Information especially for students:
Full and part-time students are classified as follows:
- Full-time Status - 12 credit hours for the fall, spring, & summer terms
- Part-time Status - less than 12 credit hours for the fall, spring, & summer terms
- Full-time Status - 8 credit hours for the fall, spring, & summer terms
- Part-time Status - less than 8 credit hours for the fall, spring, & summer terms
Request text message and/or e-mail notification:
- Notification if a class is cancelled and placed on the Class Cancellation Calendar.
- Campus Event Reminder Notification (through a Calendar Event details page reminder).
Contact the Office of the Registrar if you have questions about how to withdraw from your semester classes. Failing to pay your fees or issuing a stop payment through your bank does not constitute an official withdrawal. To receive a full refund, you must officially withdraw by the withdrawal deadline. If you do not officially withdraw, you will be responsible for all fees and will receive failing grades in all registered classes.
If you are eligible for financial aid but do not plan to complete the semester, you must withdraw from your semester classes by the withdrawal deadline. Otherwise, your fees will be paid by your financial aid, your enrollment will be validated, and you will receive failing grades in all registered classes.
If you're new to IU Northwest and have not previously attended any of the IU branches, please visit the admissions transfer page for more information.
If you have previously attended an IU campus, please visit the "Intercampus Transfers" tab on the admissions transfer page.