Before you drop any class, you should contact your academic advisor to learn important information about dates and deadlines, as well as how dropping the class will affect your academic progress.
If a course is dropped, tuition and fees will be refunded on a percentage basis according to the semester refund schedule (see the academic calendar). Students receiving financial aid should contact the Office of Financial Aid before making a schedule adjustment to determine how the change will affect eligibility and payment.
Once you have met with your advisor and spoken to Financial Aid, you can add and drop classes at one.iu.edu Students can drop classes electronically until midnight of the deadline date.
- Go to one.iu.edu and log in using your IU username and passphrase
- Enter Drop or Add in the search box at the top of the page.
- Click on the appropriate box, depending on whether it is the first week of class, or after the first week.
- The system will walk you through the dropping or adding process.
- Once finished, click My Class Schedule.
- Print a copy of your schedule!
- To print without your name, click Print at the top.
- To print with your name, click Printer Friendly Page, and then click Print at the top.
- To print a weekly calendar view of your schedule, click Weekly Calendar View.
- If you are using a public computer, be sure to close the browser and log off to protect your privacy.
One.iu.edu is a great site to bookmark in your browser; it’s like IU's app store, where can find all the functions that you need your user ID and passphrase to access. Once you've found a function you use a lot, like email, registration info, financial aid, your statement of account, click on the heart to add it to your favorites!