1. Teaching online since 1996 (teaching synchronously using videoconferencing) at McGill University and the University of Ottawa. Obtained funding from Royal Bank Canada and CIBER, IU to develop online courses.
2. Taught several courses online including Global Marketing (BBA and MBA), Marketing and Society (M 200)
3. Developed a new course on Social Media Marketing (M 210), scheduled for Fall 2012.
4. Obtained certification on Distance Education from Indiana University, and CISTL, IUN
5. Obtained certification on Social Media Marketing from the Universty of Cincinnati
I have been teaching online since 2008. I taught online courses for Rutgers University-Newark using Blackboard before joining IUN. I just completed phase one training for CISTL certified instructor (IUN) using Oncourse as the teaching platform.
I have been teaching online for two years now. I have done both lower level (Y103) and upper level courses (Y384). This Fall (2012), I will teach Y205 for the first time online. Other than the CISTL training, I have no formal training. I did receive an online course development grant last year and it is this grant that I used to develop my upcoming Y205 course. I will say that CISTL -- particularly Angela Solic -- provides much useful information for making an online course as effective as it can be; and I do take advantage of that. I really like teaching online. I find the students are responsive to the format. I do not know what else to say except that I hope to develop one or two more online courses in the future.
Center for Innovation and Scholarship in Teaching and Learning Online Teaching (IU Northwest)
Online teaching experience:
I have been teaching online Statistics for Teachers course, MATH-K200, every spring, starting with Spring 2011. I finished the online certification program through CISTL in Spring 2012 and am getting ready to teach online for the first time Finite mathematics course, MATH-M118, in Spring 2013.
Ivy Tech Community College
University of North Carolina at Pembrok
Center for Innovation and Scholarship in Teaching and Learning Online Teaching 1(IU Northwest)
Blackboard certified online instructor (Ivy Tech).
St. Xavier U., Chicago, taught grad health law course; spring 2007
Ohio U., Created new grad bioethics/health law course, spring 2009
Has taught grad administrative law (V540) at IUN:
Spring 2009, Spring 2011, Summer 2011 and Spring 2012