Dorinda M. Sattler, MJ, RHIA, CHPS, CPHRM
College of Health and Human Services
Online Course offered:
HIM 301 Healthcare Quality and Information Management
The study and application of regulatory requirements for quality and performance improvement, utilization management, risk management, and medical staff organization. The examination of other quality-based programs affecting healthcare such as pay-for-performance and RAC programs. Application of the collection, analysis and interpretation of healthcare data.
This course is designed to assure that graduates will be able to demonstrate performance of AHIMA’s Health Information Management Baccalaureate Degree Entry-level Competencies of Domains II. A. 1 & B. 1-3.
For a complete Description for this course, click on the Course Syllabus tab.
- Discuss quality management and performance improvement as it relates to the delivery of quality healthcare.
- Manage and classify health data, such as data elements, various data sets and databases.
- Analyze and present data for quality management, utilization management, risk management, and other patient care related studies.
- Analyze clinical data to identify trends that demonstrate quality, safety and effectiveness of healthcare.
Compare various quality management assessment tools.
For a complete Goals and Objectives for this course, click on the Course Syllabus tab.
During the semester students are required to:
- Read all assigned chapters prior to completing online assignments and/or forum posting discussions.
- Listen to several pre-recorded lectures prior to completing online assignments and/or forum posting discussions.
- Review and discuss healthcare quality articles and websites.
- Complete three (3) online exams.
- Complete three (3) case studies, individually.
- Complete several small group projects during the course of the semester, each culminating into a final group project consisting of a storyboard presentation with support material.
For a complete Activities for this course, click on the Course Syllabus tab.
INDIANA UNIVERSITY NORTHWEST | COLLEGE OF HEALTH AND HUMAN SERVICES
HIM 301: Healthcare Quality and Information Management
Online Course Syllabus
Instructor: Dorinda M. Sattler, MJ, RHIA, CHPS, CPHRM
Office: Dunes Medical/Professional Building
Phone: (219) 981-4209