Thursday Apr 24, 2014
The ceremony is expected to last about two hours. Tickets are not required to attend Commencement.
IU Northwest graduates and their guests are invited to park at one of the free locations listed below. The university will provide its RedHawk Shuttle service to and from the Genesis Center with stops at or near most of the following locations:
- Massachusetts Street (North): Located off of 5th Avenue at Massachusetts Street on the west side of the street.
- Hudson Campbell: Located off of 5th Avenue at Massachusetts Street on the east side of the street.
- Virginia Street (North): Located at the corner of 4th Avenue and Virginia Street on the east side of the street.
- Virginia Street (South): Located at the corner of 5th Avenue and Virginia Street directly across from Hellman’s Tire Service.
- Carolina Street (North): Located between 4th and 5th avenues at Carolina Street.
For convenience, the IU Northwest RedHawk Shuttle will provide free transportation to and from the Genesis Center at the following locations:
• At Virginia Street northbound, south of 5th Avenue.
• At Virginia Street northbound, south of 4th Avenue.
The RedHawk Shuttle will drop off/pick-up directly in front of the Genesis Center. The shuttle will operate from 2 p.m. until 4 p.m., and will resume 15 minutes following the conclusion of Commencement and run for one hour. There will be two shuttles making rounds every five to 10 minutes.
Designated free parking areas and RedHawk Shuttle location pick-up/drop-off locations will be marked with signage. Free handicapped parking is located on the first floor of the Genesis Center parking garage.
IU Northwest Police-Department and Gary Police Department will be on hand to assist with traffic control.
For more information on this year's graduation program, contact the Office of Alumni Relations at (219) 980-6769 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Additional details can be found at http://www.iun.edu/commencement/.