Calumet Regional Archives
Calumet Regional Archives Turns 25 in 1998
"Celebrate in '98" is the theme for the silver anniversary year of IUN's Calumet Regional Archives, located on the library's third floor. Over the past twenty-five years, the Archives has collected, preserved, and made available thousands of historical records documenting the growth and development of Northwest Indiana.
Throughout this year, the Archives will produce exhibits and newsletters highlighting portions of the collection. Please stop by when you have an opportunity.
New on the Archives Web Site
- New Inventories Added
- We've just added 90 new inventories for your use. This update also marks the start of a new policy to create pages that will support both the newest web browsers and also earlier and text-based browsers. If you are using an early version or text-based browser, be sure to look at our non-table based records.
- Still More Collections Updated
- Apart from the new additions, we have also updated another 57 inventories. All updates now support all versions of web browsers, as do all our new collections.
- Latino History Collections Completed
- The first of the eighteen subject and area groups of the CRA collections has been completed. The Latino History Collections of the CRA are now available on the web.
- New Issue of the CRA Newsletter
- The CRA Newsletters are now available on the web! In addition to the current issue, why not take a look at some of our back issues as well?
- Information on Steel Shavings Magazine Now Available
- There's also a fabulous magazine, Steel Shavings, available for those of you interested in the history of the Calumet region. A Steel Shavings magazine order form is available for you to print out and mail in to order your own copies.