- Indiana University Students
- Indiana University Staff
- Indiana University Faculty
- Indiana Residents who have a valid IU Library Card
- Students, Staff, and Faculty should use their IU Northwest ID card. The barcode on the card also serves as your library card.
- If you do not yet have an IUN ID card, you may obtain one through Student Life at the Security Booth in the Savannah Center with your paid class receipt.
- Indiana residents may get a library card at the Circulation Desk at any time the library is open. To get a card you will need to show either:
- Current Indiana Driver's License
- Current Indiana State Identification
- Indiana Residents -- 30 days
- Undergraduate students -- 45 days
- Graduate Students / Faculty / Staff -- 120 Days
As long as there is not a recall or a hold placed on an item, renewals are possible.You may renew materials in the following ways:
- By using the My Account button on the IUCAT catalog
- In person at the Circulation Department of any IU library
- By telephone (219) 980-6585
- Overdue fines are $0.25 (Twenty-five cents) per day per book with a maximum of up to 25 dollars per item.
- There is no "grace period". The book is due on the date specified at checkout.
- There is a 10 day return period for recalled materials. If the item is not returned, there is a flat $25.00 recall fine.
- $30.00 replacement fee
- $10.50 processing fee
- $15.00 lost item charge
- $5.00 overdue item charge
Fines may be paid at the IUN Circulation Desk. We accept cash or checks payable to: Indiana University Northwest
Fines can also be paid by mail to:
Head of Circulation
Indiana University Northwest
Gary, IN 46408 A valid Indiana University Libraries Borrower's Card must be presented in order to charge materials in any of the Indiana University Libraries.
- The patron is responsible for all materials charged to his/her card.
- The patron is responsible for notifying the library immediately if the library card is lost or stolen.
- The patron is responsible for notifying the library immediately if there are any changes in name, address, or phone number.
- There is a $5.00 charge for replacing borrower's cards.
- When materials are not returned within 30 (thirty) days of the due date, a bill for the replacement cost, plus a non-refundable processing fee for each item is submitted ti the Bursar's Office.
- Until the charge is removed, users may be unable to register for classes on any IU campus or to obtain a copy of their transcripts.
- When materials are not returned within the stated time period and the patron has been billed by the Bursar, the patron remains liable for the processing fee(s), even if all overdue materials are subsequently returned.
- Unbound periodicals, microfilm, and microfiche are issued from the Periodicals Desk. Patrons must fill out a charge slip before taking materials away from the desk.
- Patrons are limited to two periodicals at a time.
- Patrons must show an ID before they may take materials from the Periodicals Desk.
- Print copies can be made of microfilm and microfiche materials using the reader/printers located in the Periodicals / Microforms department. There is a charge of $.10 (ten cents) per page.
- Bound periodicals are located on the second floor of the library.
- Periodicals and microforms are to be used only in the library.
- Faculty may check out bound volumes or unbound issues for one week. The current issues of periodicals do not circulate. We strongly encourage faculty to use the periodicals in the library rather than checking them out. Your cooperation helps us make sure that materials are available to all our patrons.
- Microfilm and microfiche materials do not circulate.