Faculty Full Time Postitions
Please visit our jobsite for full-time Faculty opportunities: https://indiana.peopleadmin.com/
Adjunct Faculty Position Openings
Part-time Instructor of Mathematics
The Department of Mathematics and Actuarial Science at Indiana University Northwest seeks to establish a pool of qualified applicants for future (we often have unexpected openings), part-time appointments as instructors of Mathematics. Teach one to two sections of Mathematics as needed by the department. Hold office hours and assist students as needed.
- As needed, on a per semester basis, hold classes as scheduled, teach our (traditional and non-traditional) students various mathematics courses.
- Utilize a variety of teaching strategies and present teaching materials in an understandable and effective manner, using related testing measurements that accurately reflect the stated course objectives.
- Demonstrate fair and consistent behavior in all matters, and showing compassion without being ineffectual.
- For each course taught, allot a minimum of one hour per week to provide student assistance and advice in the applicable academic subject area.
- Participate in orientation sessions conducted just before every Fall semester, as applicable.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date student records pertaining to assignments, tests, and grades.
- Administrative responsibilities include writing syllabi, grading course work, submitting final grades.
- Maintain effective collegial communication, professional interaction, and functional relations within the Department of Mathematics and Actuarial Science.
- Abide by and ensure compliance with all departmental and University policies and procedures.
- Develop and complete projects without continued direct supervision.
Additional information about Department of Mathematics and Actuarial Science is available at: http://www.iun.edu/math/.
POSITION SCHEDULED: As needed, on a per-course, per-semester basis.
- Masters degree in Mathematics from an accredited institution (preferred) OR Master's degree in a closely related field (Mathematics classes above Calculus required).
- Demonstrated ability to effectively teach college-level Mathematics courses.
- Computer skill proficiency using web-based programs.
- Ability to work collaboratively with a diverse population and adapt to change.
To apply, send
- cover letter,
- unofficial college transcript(s),
- list of all upper-level mathematics courses taken with their short descriptions, and a
- list of three professional references (including their title, address, daytime phone, and current email address).
to the chair of the Department of Mathematics:
Dr. Iztok Hozo,
Department of Mathematics and Actuarial Science
Indiana University Northwest
Gary, IN 46408
or e-mail your application to: email@example.com.
Applications materials will be kept on file in case of future openings.
**NOTE:**If you are sending your materials via e-mail, please convert all your files into one PDF document and attach it to your e-mail message when applying.
One of eight campuses of Indiana University, IU Northwest is located in metropolitan Northwest Indiana, approximately 30 miles southeast of Chicago and 10 miles from the Indiana Dunes National Lakeshore. The campus has a diverse student population of 6,000 students and offers Associate, Baccalaureate and Master degrees in a variety of undergraduate and graduate programs in arts and sciences, business and economics, education, nursing and health professions; public and environmental affairs and social work.
IU Northwest is an equal employment opportunity, affirmative action employer with a commitment to recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty and staff by expanding employment opportunities for minorities, women and persons with disabilities.