Academic Positions Open at Indiana University Northwest
Indiana University Northwest, one of eight campuses of Indiana University, is located in metropolitan Northwest Indiana, approximately 30 miles southeast of Chicago and 10 miles from the Indiana Dunes National Lakeshore. The campus, with a diverse student population of over 6,000 students, offers primarily Baccalaureate and Master’s degrees in a variety of programs in arts and sciences, business and economics, education, nursing and health professions, public and environmental affairs, and social work. The comprehensive university campus is also home to the Indiana University School of Medicine Northwest. IU Northwest emphasizes quality teaching, research and service. As a student-centered campus, IU Northwest is committed to academic excellence characterized by a love of ideas, scholarship, and achievement in learning, discovery, creativity and engagement.
Several tenure track positions are available in various schools and colleges starting in the Fall semester, 2013. You should contact the individual below or visit the campus website.
Department Chair: Full or Associate Professor
• Chemistry (Click for detailed description) with preference in area of Organic/Biochemistry. Contact Professor Nelson
• Physics (1-year appointment) (click for detailed description) with preference in area of Theoretical or Mathematical Physics. Contact Professor Nelson DeLeon, firstname.lastname@example.org
Psychology (Click for detailed description) with teaching in Addictions Counseling, but research area is open. Contact
Professor Mary Ann Fischer, email@example.com
• Public and Environmental Affairs. Two positions: environmental policy (Click for detailed description) and criminal justice (Click for detailed description). Contact for the Environmental Policy: Ellen Szarleta, firstname.lastname@example.org, and Criminal Justice: Susan Zinner, email@example.com
• Biology. (Click for detailed description). Primary teaching responsibilities in Anatomy and Physiology. Contact Professor
Spencer Cortwright, firstname.lastname@example.org
• Library. (Click for detailed description). Specialization in information technology, especially in geographic and/or adaptive technologies. Candidate will also have instructional responsibilities in informational literacy. Contact Director Tim Sutherland, email@example.com
In most cases, applications require a cover letter of intent, the names and contact information for several references, curriculum vitae, and descriptions of teaching and research interests. Professorial positions require a PhD; Lecturer requires an MS; Librarian an MLS. Contact the appropriate individual above for any additional requirements, information and dates for full consideration as
they do vary.
In most cases, electronic applications are encouraged via pdf files. For general information about the campus, please visit our website at http://www.iun.edu. For additional general information, please contact the Office of Academic Affairs, 3400 Broadway, Gary, IN 46408.
Indiana University Northwest is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to achieving excellence through diversity. The University actively encourages applications from women, minorities, persons with disabilities and members of other underrepresented groups.