Adjunct Faculty

Adjunct Faculty Position Openings for Organic Chemistry

The Department of Chemistry/Physics/Astronomy at Indiana University Northwest seeks an adjunct instructor for Summer 2016, to teach Organic Chemistry labs at the undergraduate level. There is a possibility for teaching assignments beyond the summer session. The applicant needs to have a Master’s or Ph.D. in Chemistry with previous teaching experience. Summer classes run from May 16, 2016 through August 6, 2016. To apply submit a letter of application, statement detailing teaching experience and degrees earned to N. De Leon, Department of Chemistry, Indiana University Northwest, 3400 Broadway, Gary, IN 46408. Review of applications will begin immediately.

One of eight campuses of Indiana University, IU Northwest, is located in metropolitan Northwest Indiana, approximately 30 miles southeast of Chicago and 10 miles from the Indiana Dunes National Lakeshore. The campus has a diverse student population approaching 6,000 students and offers Associate, Baccalaureate and Master degrees in a variety of undergraduate and graduate programs in arts and sciences, business and economics, education, nursing and health professions; public and environmental affairs, and social work.

Indiana University is an equal employment and affirmative action employer and a provider of ADA services. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ethnicity, color, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation or identity, marital status, national origin, disability status or protected veteran status. Indiana University does not discriminate on the basis of sex in its educational programs and activities, including employment and admission, as required by Title IX. Indiana University’s non-discrimination statement is found in policy UA-01 at Questions or complaints regarding Title IX may be referred to the U.S. Department of Education Office for Civil Rights or the university Title IX Coordinator. The address for Indiana University’s Title IX Coordinator is: 400 E. 7th Street, Poplars 833, Bloomington, IN 47405. The Annual Security Reports, containing policy statements and crime statistics for Indiana University campuses, are available through Public Safety and the IU Police Department web sites at A paper copy will be provided upon request from Public Safety at