Skip to Main Content
Employee with HR person

Important Tax Information for Student Academic or Adjunct Faculty Appointees:

If you are appointed as a student academic or adjunct faculty, Indiana University’s tax withholding process may result in lower than expected federal income tax withholding. The following link may help you understand how to determine what is appropriate for your specific tax situation:

You can update your withholding by updating your W-4 in One.IU and request an additional amount of federal tax to be withheld from each future check. (See line 3 under Federal Tax Withholding in example above.)

Duplicate Tax Form Request is available through FMS for reprints to be mailed or faxed if not available in the W-2 Data Available section under W-2 Information.

Former student or employees may access the Request for IU Duplicate Tax Form(s) to be Mailed or Faxed form.