Major in History
- HIST-H 105 (3 cr.)
- HIST-H 106 (3 cr.)
- Select one of the following
- HIST-H 113 (3 cr.)
- HIST-H 114 (3 cr.)
- History courses numbered 200-499 (24 cr.), including
- 2 courses in United States history (6 cr.)
- 2 courses in European history (from the Middle Ages to the present) (6 cr.)
- 2 courses in other areas or topics in history (e.g., ancient, non-European, non-U.S.) (6 cr.)
- One of the 200-499 level courses must be a HIST-H 215 Proseminar in History, taken before the junior year or before the capstone courses, which, depending on its content, will count as a course in one of the three areas above.
- Before the final semster of senior year, majors must also take 2 courses in HIST-J 495 proseminar (HIST-J 495 fulfills capstone requirement).
- Majors must also take the other half of Western Civilization (HIST-H 113 or HIST-H 114) that they did not take in their major requirement as a culture requirement course or an elective.
The Department of History accepts any Latino studies courses with history designations toward the B.A. in history. Additionally, we will accept one CHRI number taken by students toward an A.A. in Latino studies and apply it to the B.A. in history toward completion of the required 24 credits of history courses at the 200 level and above.
For more information, visit the History page on the IU Northwest Bulletin.