Interdepartmental Major: CIS and Fine Arts
Bachelor of Arts in Computer-based Graphic Arts
The student will have two official advisors, one in the Department of Fine Arts and one in Computer Information Systems, who will help plan the course of study in detail with frequent consultations.
Requirements in Computer Information Systems (18 cr.)
- CSCI-A 106 Introduction to Computing (3 cr.)
- CSCI-A 251 Introduction to Digital Application (3 cr.)
- CSCI-A 340 An Introduction to Web Programming (3 cr.)
- or DPIS-D 250 Multimedia (3 cr.)
- or DPIS-D 490 Current Directions in Data Processing and Information Systems (3 cr.)
- CSCI-A 348 Mastering the World Wide Web (3 cr.)
- CSCI-C 390 Individual Programming Laboratory (6 cr.)
Total (18 cr.)
Requirements in Department of Fine Arts (31-41 cr.)
- FINA-F 100 Fundamental Studio-Drawing (3 cr.) or FINA-F 102 Fundamental Studio-2D (3 cr.)
- 3 credit hours in the FINA A100 series (history of art)
- 3 credit hours of FINA 300 or 400 level art history
- FINA-S 250 Introduction to Design Practice (3 cr.)
- FINA-S 351 Graphic Design II (3 cr.)
- FINA-S 352 Production for Graphic Design (3 cr.)
- FINA-S 353 Graphic Design IV (3 cr.)
- FINA-S 400 Independent Studio Projects (1-6 cr.)
- FINA-S 413 Typography (2 cr.)
- FINA-S 414 Layout (2 cr.)
- FINA-S 415 Package Design (2 cr.)
- FINA-A 435 Art Theory (2 cr.)
- FINA-S 497 Independent Study in Fine Arts (1-6 cr.)
Total (31-41 cr.)
Complete requirements 5-7 for major in studio practice.
There is a Bachelor of Science version of this interdepartmental degree. See the "Department of Computer Information Systems " section for details.
For more information, visit the Fine Arts page on the IU Northwest Bulletin.