Executive Committee Minutes
March 3, 2000
1. Call to Order
Meeting was called to order at 10:10 a.m.2. Approval of the Minutes of the February 4, 2000 meeting
Corrections were made to First Tier Salary Committee: George Assibey-Mensah will represent SPEA, Edmond d'Ouville & Shawn Carraher will represent Business and Nicholas Rosselli will represent Library. Minutes were approved with corrections.3. Faculty Organization election update
Close of nominations is March 10, 2000. After closing a ballot will be distributed. Hopefully, elections will be over the third week of March, then the Divisions can have their elections. New Officers take over at end of semester. Don Szarkowicz is trying to set-up on-line voting.4. Shared Vision Update
2. Indiana University Northwest will have scheduling of classes and support services that are consistent with a set of student-centered principles.
3. Indiana University Northwest will have classrooms that are fully conducive to teaching and learning.
4. Indiana University Northwest will have a faculty recruiting process that is followed and supported by all academic departments that ensures academic excellence and, to the extent compliant with the law, a full-time faculty more reflective of the demographics of the Indiana University Northwest student body.
5. Indiana University Northwest will have initiated two projects that emanate from the Northwest Indiana Center for Communities and Cultural Advancement.
6. Indiana University will have initiated two projects that directly contribute to the health and well-being of the people for Northwest Indiana that will emanate from the Northwest Indiana Center for Health and Well-Being.
5. Administrative salaries resolution
First tiered salary committee was meeting this afternoon (3/3/00). The Chancellor was invited. Fred Chary is convening meeting. They will elect a chair. Dr. Chary has a copy of the resolution referred to this committee by Faculty Organization. Chair Tolhuizen ask that they review and reaffirm the resolution.6. Calendar Committee Report
A calendar was presented to committee. The Calendar recommendations will be presented at next Faculty Organization Meeting.7. Library committee
Library committee may also have an agenda item for next Faculty Organization meeting.8. Faculty Organization committee structure
One of the concerns expressed about Committee structure is that we be sure that number of people is appropriate to needs to of committee. Further discussion on committee structure will take place at next Executive Meeting.9. New Business
None10. Old Business
Meeting adjourned at 11:30 a.m.Submitted by Florence Sawicki, Secretary