The Writing Center at IU Northwest is a free service that provides students with one-on-one tutoring for any writing assignment in any course.
The consultants at the Writing Center have experience in a variety of disciplines, and they are able to assist students with all facets of the writing process including:
- Generating and expanding on ideas.
- Organizing information so that it is logical and easy to understand.
- Creating well-developed paragraphs that support the essay’s central point.
- Writing sentences that are both interesting and structurally sound.
- Editing for grammar and mechanics.
- Assisting in integration and documentation of source materials.
We encourage students to bring the written assignment and any preliminary writing to the tutoring sessions, which are generally 30 minutes long.
Walk-ins are welcome, but making an appointment by calling 219-980-6502 or e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org will ensure that a consultant will be available.
We offer online tutoring sessions. Also, we offer a program, Semeter Tutoring Match, to match students with a tutor for a semester.
Tutors are also available to make presentations about the services offered by the Writing Center to classes. To arrange a visit, faculty can contact the Writing Center at 219-980-6502.