Internship Program Information
The Office of Career Services internship program is designed to provide students with work experience that complement their classroom preparation; by learning how to link theory to practice, explore career options, gain knowledge of the workplace, and contribute to the community.
If you have question or concerns or would like more information, please call Career Services at 980-6650.
Benefits of an Internship for Students
- Help you learn about a career field from the inside
- Help you decide if this is the right career field for you
- Enable you to work alongside a professional in your chosen career area
- Give you new skills and add to your knowledge base
- Give you confidence in your own abilities
- Let you apply some of the ideas you've learned in school
- Give you the opportunity to practice your communication and teamwork skills
- Allow you to meet new people and practice your networking skills
- Provide evidence that you have initiative, are reliable and have a sense of responsibility
- Provide a bridge between school and the professional world
- Make a valuable addition to your resume
- Enhance your application to Graduate School
- Open the door to a job offer or a recommendation about the next steps you should take on your career path
- Internships can also be fun.
What are the benefits for an Employer hosting an intern?
Companies and organizations that host internships can benefit from the opportunity to meet enthusiastic and committed students who will be looking for employment when they graduate. Interns can bring a fresh approach to a setting, and can provide the skills and labor for a special project. They can also give permanent staff the satisfying opportunity to pass on their knowledge and expertise to the next generation of workers, and to practice their supervision skills.
Please contact the Tameeka Emory-Gamble, Internship Coordinator for more information at
(219) 980-6651 or e-mail: [[temoryga]].
Please call (219) 980-6650 to schedule an “Internship Orientation” appointment.