Office of the Registrar
The Office of the Registrar has primary responsibility for planning, implementing, and managing schedules of classes, registrations, and course changes. Other functions include student record maintenance, grade processing, student information reporting, enrollment certifications, and transcript services. Questions concerning veterans' affairs may be addressed to the Office of the Registrar. The Office of the Registrar is also responsible for scheduling meeting rooms and classrooms for activities other than classes.
Official Academic Transcript
Official transcripts are available from the Office of the Registrar for a fee. Requests can be submitted online, in person, by mail, or by fax. The Office of the Registrar cannot accept e-mail or phone requests, as a signature is required. Transcript requests for enrollment prior to fall 1965 must be submitted to the IU Bloomington Office of the Registrar.
Transcript requests received from students with encumbered accounts cannot be processed.
Print, complete, and sign the Transcript Request Form (available at http://www.iun.edu/registrar/transcripts.htm or in the Office of the Registrar) and deliver this form to the Office of the Registrar in Hawthorn Hall room 109.
Current students, alumni, and previous students who still have active computing accounts are able to request their transcript online by following the steps below:
- Log into OneStart using your user name and passphrase.
- Make sure you are looking at the Student Self Service tab. This tab should be brown.
- Scroll down the page until you see the title eDocs.
- Under this title you should see a link named Official Transcript Request (Online). Click this link and follow the prompts. Make sure you indicate if you will be picking up the transcript or if you need the office to mail it.
- The transcript processing fee must be paid via credit card. Your information is protected.
- The transcript will be available within 15 minutes if you indicate that you want to pick it up. It will be available in the Office of the Registrar, Hawthorn Hall room 109, during normal business hours. (Monday and Thursday 8:00a – 6:00p; Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday 8:00a – 5:00p)
Print, complete, and sign the Transcript Request Form and Transcript Request Fee Form. All transcripts are sent regular first class mail within two to three business days.
If you are paying by check or money order, make it payable to Indiana University and write your university ID number in the memo section. If you are paying by credit card, include your card information on the Transcript Request Fee Form. Visa, MasterCard, and Discover cards are accepted as payment.
Send the form and payment to:
Office of the Registrar
Indiana University Northwest
3400 Broadway Ave
Gary, IN 46408
Print, complete, and sign the Transcript Request Form and Transcript Fee Form. Fax requests require credit card payment. Include your card information on the Transcript Request Fee Form. Visa, MasterCard, and Discover cards are accepted as payment. Fax the form to (219) 981-4200. After faxing these forms, students are encouraged to call (219) 980-6679 to verify receipt of these documents and to ensure these requests can be fulfilled at time of submission.
Confidentiality of Records
In accordance with federal statutes and regulations, the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA), student records are confidential and available for disclosure to persons other than the student only under stated exceptions. An exception to the act exists that permits disclosure to school officials, including collection agencies.
Further details about the provisions of the privacy act and a list of offices where student records are kept may be found in the Code of Student Rights, Responsibilities, and Conduct. Copies are available in the Office of Student Life, Savannah Center, Room 217.