Diversity, Equity and Multicultural Affairs
The mission of the Office of Diversity, Equity and Multicultural Affairs (ODEMA) is to promote, sustain, and advance the Indiana University Northwest commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion, by enhancing employee capabilities and competencies through diversity research, trainings, support, collaboration, environmental activities and best practices.
Our goal is to insure that an engagement with and appreciation for the many dimensions of diversity is woven throughout the fabric of our campus affecting all aspects of how we serve our students and the greater community.
To implement this mission and these goals, ODEMA has undertaken the following activities:
- Leadership of the Diversity Advisory Council;
- Coordination of the Diversity Programming Series;
- Implementation of the Diversity Fellows Program;
- Maintenance of the Diversity Resource Center;
- Coordination of the Brother 2 Brother Program (B2B);
- Coordination of the Minority Opportunity for Research Experiences Program (MORE);
- And finally, to provide additional logistical support for students of color and other diverse student groups.
For more information about ODEMA programs and services, please visit Raintree Hall room 229, or contact the office at (219) 980-6596