Diversity, Equity and Multicultural Affairs
The mission of the Office of Diversity, Equity and Multicultural Affairs (ODEMA) is to promote, sustain, and advance the Indiana University Northwest commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion, by enhancing employee capabilities and competencies through diversity research, trainings, support, collaboration, environmental activities and best practices.
Our strategic priorities are to create a welcome and inclusive environment, to engage in advocacy and outreach, and to recruit and retain faculty and students who are representative of the communities we serve, while encouraging the timely completion and graduation of those students.
To implement this mission and these goals, ODEMA has undertaken the following activities:
- Leadership of the Diversity Advisory Council;
- Coordination of the Diversity Programming Series;
- Implementation of the Diversity Fellows Program;
- Coordination of the Brother 2 Brother Program (B2B);
- Coordination of the Minority Opportunity for Research Experiences Program (MORE);
- Update the Diversity Library;
- Maintain the Multicultural Affairs Center;
- Service as a resource to the community for diversity trainings;
- And finally, to provide additional logistical support for students of color and other diverse student groups.
For more information about ODEMA programs and services, please visit Raintree Hall room 229, or contact the office at (219) 980-6596