College of Arts and Sciences
Indiana University does not have a degree program in podiatry. However, the courses needed for admission are available at IU Northwest. The minimum requirement for admission to a school of podiatry is completion of three academic years (90 credit hours) of study at an accredited college or university. Applicants are strongly encouraged to obtain a baccalaureate degree before entering a college of podiatry.
The following classes are recommended to fulfill prerequisite requirements for all podiatry schools:
- BIOL-L 101 (4 cr.)
- BIOL-L 102 (4 cr.)
- CHEM-C 105 & C125 (5 cr.)
- CHEM-C 106 & C 126 (5 cr.)
- CHEM-C 341 & C-343 (5 cr.)
- CHEM-C 342 & C-344 (5 cr.)
- Select one of the following physics series:
- PHYS-P 201 and P 202 (10 cr.)
- PHYS-P 221 and P 222 (10 cr.)
- ENG- W 131 and W 231 (6 cr.)
In addition to the above prerequisite classes, most podiatry schools list recommended classes that students should consider taking.
Science courses must include laboratories.
Further information on the health professions and podiatry may be obtained by contacting the health professions advisor at (219) 980-7106.