College of Arts and Sciences
Interdepartmental majors are available to students who wish to combine two disciplines or subjects into an interdepartmental concentration area. Such students are required to complete a minimum of 40 credit hours in the interdepartmental major. Students must also fulfill the following requirements:
- The 40 credit hour concentration need not be equally divided between the two disciplines, but a program designed to give substantial knowledge should be planned in each discipline.
- Each of the two areas should include a minimum of four 300- or 400-level courses for a minimum of 12 credit hours in each area.
- Students must have two advisors, one from each department in which they propose to study.
- The program of studies must be approved by both departments and by the college.
The following interdepartmental majors are available in the College of Arts and Sciences:
- Afro-American Studies and Communication
- Afro-American Studies and English
- Computer Information Systems and Fine Arts - Graphic Design
- Computer Information Systems and Mathematics
- Biology, Chemistry and Geosciences - Environmental Sciences