Schools & Divisions
College of Arts and Sciences
Interdepartmental majors are available to students who wish to combine two disciplines or subjects into an interdepartmental concentration area. Such students are required to complete a minimum of 40 credit hours in the interdepartmental major. Students must also fulfill the following requirements:
- The 40 credit hour concentration need not be equally divided between the two disciplines, but a program designed to give substantial knowledge should be planned in each discipline.
- Each of the two areas should include a minimum of four 300- or 400-level courses for a minimum of 12 credit hours in each area.
- Students must have two advisors, one from each department in which they propose to study.
- The program of studies must be approved by both departments and by the college.
The following interdepartmental majors are available in the College of Arts and Sciences:
- African American and African Diaspora Studies and Communication
- African American and African Diaspora Studies and English
- Computer Information Systems and Fine Arts - Graphic Design
- Computer Information Systems and Mathematics
- Biology, Chemistry and Geosciences - Environmental Sciences