College of Arts and Sciences
- COMM-C 320 Advanced Public Speaking (3 cr.) P: SPCH-S 121 Development of a marked degree of skills in preparation and delivery of various types of speeches, with emphasis on depth of research, clarity of organization, application of proof, and felicitous style. (Occasionally)
- COMM-C 340 Practicum in Media Production (3 cr.) This course is designed to give students hands-on practical experience with all facets of television and radio production. In this course, students will work with others as part of a team in media production and complete a comprehensive and professional quality portfolio of his or her work.
- COMM-C 351 TV Production I (3 cr.) P: TEL-C 200 Coordination and integration of production principles for practical application in television; emphasis on studio production of nondramatic program forms. Lecture and laboratory. (Occasionally)
- COMM-C 462 Media Theory and Criticism (3 cr.) P: TEL-C 200 Description and evaluation of various theoretical strategies that attempt to explain the ways individuals and groups react to media. Critical analysis of several media with attention to the connective and artistic functions of visual and aural components. (Occasionally)
- COMM-M 460 Culture and Mass Communication (3 cr.) P: TEL-C 200 This course is a critical overview of the relationship between mass media and American culture. Course content will explore what it means (politically, economically, culturally, and morally) to live in a culture in which a major portion of information comes to the citizen through multiple channels of mass communication. (Occasionally)