College of Health and Human Services
Schools & Divisions
School of Public and Environmental Affairs
Certificate in Nonprofit Management
The Nonprofit Management Certificate is a 15 credit hour program of study, designed to serve the needs of individuals who would like exposure to the nonprofit sector and nonprofit management issues but who do not wish or need to pursue a degree in nonprofit management. The certificate complements other courses of study or career experience in such areas as social work, library science, and parks and recreation. Students pursuing a nonprofit management certificate gain an understanding of how to work in and with nonprofit organizations.
Required Courses (15 cr.)
- SPEA V525 Management In The Nonprofit Sector (3 cr.)
- SPEA V522 Human Resource Management in Nonprofits (3 cr.)
- SPEA V526 Financial Management for Nonprofits (3 cr.)
- Two additional SPEA graduate public affairs courses are also required ( 6 cr.)
- If students are interested in furthering their education in the MPA program, students should plan to take the following classes as electives:
- V500 Quantitative Tools for Public Affairs (3cr.)
- V517 Public Management Economics (3 cr.)
Note: Students must take V525 before V522.