Schools & Divisions
Prior to entering the program, students must complete the following minimum prerequisites. Prerequisites may be taken at any accredited college or university. The code (G) indicates a course that meets the school's general-education requirements.
- Oral communication (G) (3 cr.) (S121)
- Written communication (G) (6 cr.)(W131 and second intensive writing course)
- Arts and Humanities electives (G) (3 cr.)
- Cultural and Historical Studies electives (G) (3 cr.)
- An additional Arts and Humanities or Cultural and Historical studies electve (3 cr.)
- Introductory psychology (G) (3 cr.)
- Social/Behavioral science elective (G) (3 cr.)
- Computer science elective (3 cr.)
- College-level mathematics (G) (3-4 cr.)
- Statistics course (G) (3 cr.)
- Human anatomy and physiology with lab (G) (8 cr.)
- Professional radiography course work or electives
Total minimum number of credit hours - 53 cr.
Special Credit/Transfer Policy
Students seeking to transfer credit or receive special credit for radiography course work taken in a non-credit- awarding radiography program that has been accredited by the Joint Review Committee on Education in Radiologic Technology (JRCERT) (www.jrcert.org) should contact the program director for additional information and advising.
Radiation Therapy Curriculum
Summer Session II (for Non-Radiographers only)
RADS R100 Orientation to Radiologic Technology (2 cr.)
RADS R185 Medical Terminology (1 cr.)
Total 3 cr.
RADS R250 Physics Applied to Radiology (3 cr.)
RADS J205 Medical Imaging Anatomy (2 cr.)
RADS J301 Orientation to Radiation Oncology (4 cr.)
RADS J304 Radiation Oncology Patient Care (2 cr.)
RADS J350 Clinical Experience I (4 cr.)
Total 15 cr.
RADS R200 Pathology (3 cr.)
RADS R260 Radiation Biology and Protection (3 cr.)
RADS J302 Radiation Oncology Techniques (3 cr.)
RADS J351 Clinical Practicum II (4 cr.)
Total 13 cr.
RADS J402 Radiation Oncology Techniques II (3 cr.)
RADS J450 Clinical Practicum III (4 cr.)
Total 7 cr.
RADS J303 Clinical Oncology I (3 cr.)
RADS J305 Clinical Dosimetry (3 cr.)
RADS J400 Physics of Radiation Oncology I (3 cr.)
RADS J451 Clinical Practicum IV (4 cr.)
Total 13 cr.
RADS J401 Physics of Radiation Oncology II (3 cr.)
RADS J403 Clinical Oncology II (3cr.)
RADS J404 Quality Management in Radiation Oncology* (3 cr.)
RADS J409 Senior Project in Radiation Oncology (3 cr.)
RADS J452 Clinical Practicum V (4 cr)
Total 16 cr.
Total Credit Hours for Concentration - 67 cr.
Satisfactory completion of 120 credit hours to include 53 credit hours of prerequisite and general-education courses and 67 credit hours of professional courses. All professional courses must be completed with a C (2.0) or higher. All course work must be completed in compliance with the program's and school's academic and professional policies.