Associate of Science in Labor Studies
The requirements for the Associate of Science degree program with a major in labor studies are as follows:
- Social and behavioral science (9 cr.)
- Arts and humanities (12 cr.)
- Required: ENG W131 (3 cr.)
- One additional writing course (3 cr.)
- Science and mathematics (6 cr.)
- Select One of the following
- Required: one economics course
- LSTU L230 Labor and the Economy
- one course in computer science, taken through any academic division, including Labor Studies
Total credit hours required in the major areas of learning (27 cr.)
The credit hours required in each area must be distributed over at least two subject fields in each area. A minimum of 27 credit hours from the list of labor studies courses; five must be core courses.
- 100- and 200-level courses are considered "core." LSTU L290, however, is not (27 cr.)
- Electives in any area including labor studies (6 cr.)
Other requirements and limitations:
- A minimum of 12 credit hours of the required 60 credit hours must be taken within the Indiana University system.
- A minimum of 10 credit hours of course work accepted for the A.S. degree must be taken after the student has been admitted to Indiana University.
- No more than 15 credit hours can be taken within a single subject other than labor studies.