General Studies Program
Associate of Arts in General Studies (A.A.G.S.) Requirements
- A minimum of 12 credit hours in each of the three required areas of learning. (The credit hours required in each area must be taken in at least two academic departments.)
- Arts and humanities (12 cr.)
- Science and mathematics (12 cr.)
- Social and behavioral sciences (12 cr.)
- Electives (24 cr.)
Total (60 cr.)
- No more than 15 credit hours in any academic department may be applied to the A.A.G.S. degree.
- At least 15 credit hours of course work (excluding self-acquired competency credit) of the required 60 credit hours must be taken at the Indiana University campuses.
- At least 10 credit hours of course work (excluding self-acquired competency credit) applied to the A.A.G.S. degree must be taken after the student is admitted to the School of Continuing Studies. These should be IU credit hours.
- In order to apply courses to the three required areas, a grade of C– or higher must be achieved in IU courses.
- In order to graduate, a student must have a School of Continuing Studies and Indiana University grade point average of at least 2.0.