Indiana University does not have a degree program in physician assistant studies. However, the courses needed for admission are available at IU Northwest. Admission to most programs requires a minimum of 3 years (90 credit hours) of study at an accredited college or university. Some programs that offer a master's degree in physician assistant studies also require a bachelor's degree. The course requirements vary quite a bit, although most programs require
- Two courses of general chemistry with the lab
- One course in biology with the lab
- One course in microbiology with the lab
- Two courses in anatomy and physiology with the lab
- Two courses in organic chemistry with the lab
Admission to a physician assistant program generally requires volunteer or paid experience in a health care setting. Applicants seeking admission to a physician assistant program should contact the school they are interested in attending for up-to-date information on specific prerequisites and admission requirements.
For further information contact the health professions advisor at (219) 980-6745.