Schools & Divisions
Bachelor of Science - Radiological Sciences
Diagnostic Medical Sonography Concentration
Prior to entering the program, students must complete the following minimum prerequisites. Prerequisities may be taken at any accredited college or university. The code (G) indicates a course that meets the campus general-education requirements.
- Oral communication (G) (3 cr.) (S121)
- Written communication (G) (6 cr.) (W131 and second intensive writing course)
- Arts and Humanities electives (G) (6 cr.)
- Cultural and Historical Studies electives (G) (6 cr.)
- Introductory psychology (G) (3 cr.)
- Social/Behavioral science elective (3 cr.)
- Computer science elective (G) (3 cr.)
- College-level mathematics (G) (3-4 cr.)
- Statistics course (G) (3 cr.)
- Human anatomy and phycology with lab (G) (8 cr.)
- General or radiologic physics (3 cr.)
- Health Professions course work or electives
Total minimum number of credit hours - 72
Diagnostic Medical Sonography Curriculum
Summer Semeser II (Non-Health Professionals Only)
RADS R100 Orientation to Radiologic Technology (2 cr.)
RADS R185 Medical Terminology (1 cr.)
Total 3 cr.
RADS R404 Sectional Imaging Anatomy (3 cr.)
RADS R408 Topics in Radiologic Sciences (3 cr.)
RADS R490 Fundamentals of Ultrasound (4 cr.)
Total 10 cr.
RADS R491 DMS Imaging-Abdomen/Sm Pts (5 cr.)
RADS R492 DMS Imaging-OB/Gyne (5 cr.)
RADS R494 DMS Clinical Practicum I (6 cr.)
Total 16 cr.
RADS R495 DMS Clinical Practicum II (6 cr.)
Total 6 cr.
RADS R409 Senior Project in Medical Imaging Tech. (3 cr.)
RADS R493 Ultrasound Physics (4 cr.)
RADS R496 DMS Clinical Practicum III (8 cr.)
Total 15 cr.
TOTAL 50 cr.
Satisfactory Completion of 122 credit hours to include 72 credit hours of prerequisite and general-education courses and 50 creit hours of professional courses. All professional courses must be completed in compliance with the program's and school's academic and professional policies.