Student Alumni Association
What is the Student Alumni Association?
The purpose of the Student Alumni Association is to provide a means for interaction and understanding between current students and the Indiana University Alumni Association; to encourage students to work with alumni and the Alumni Association in developing loyalty and support of the University and to make students aware of their potential role as alumni. As one of the most active student organizations on campus, SAA provides its members with experiences that enhance their education, and opportunities to meet IU alumni, faculty, staff, and students.
What does SAA do?
SAA strives to make connections and enhance relationships. They do this by providing assistance and support for various events hosted by the Office of Alumni Relations and the University. SAA also plays a role in the Northwest Indiana community by participating in two community service projects a year.
Members are able to network with various alumni, staff, faculty and students by assisting with various events. Some of the major events are:
- Grad Fair
- Philanthropy Week
- Homecoming Week
- Grad Send-Off
What benefits can you receive from being an SAA Member?
Join SAA and build a connection to IU that will last a lifetime. SAA's $10 member dues include:
- A chance to meet other students and make new friends.
- Opportunities to network with IU Alumni.
- Ability to develop and enhance leadership skills.
- Monthly membership meetings (the second Wednesday and Thursday of each month).
- SAA T-Shirt
Sounds great! How do I join?
All undergraduate level students at IU Northwest are welcomed and invited to participate. To become a member just fellow these simple steps:
- Complete and submit a membership application.
- Interview with the SAA advisor.
- Have at least two semesters left at IU Northwest.
- Maintain good academic standing.
- Attend monthly meetings to get the most out of your membership.
Click here to print out a copy of the 2014-2015 SAA Member Application!