Office of Admissions

Office of Admissions

Returning Undergraduate Students

Returning Undergraduate Students

A lot is happening at the IU Northwest campus: we have more online course offerings than ever before; we’ll soon be breaking ground on a new Arts & Sciences building; our Student Government Association is quite busy and we’ve expanded our intercollegiate and club/intramural sports offerings. It is a great time to return to IU Northwest to complete your degree!

FIRST, determine which of these four situations applies to you and follow the steps outlined here:

If it’s been less than a year since you enrolled in classes at IU NorthwestAND you want to enroll in the same academic program you were last enrolled in, log in to your ONE.IU.EDU Student Center account and register.
NOTE: If you do not remember your user ID /passphrase please contact the IT Help desk at (219) 981-4357; if you need help registering for classes, contact the Registrar at (219) 980-6815.

~ OR ~

If it’s been less than a year since you enrolled in classes at IU Northwest, AND you are unsure of your most recent academic program, or if you want to enroll in a different program, please contact the Office of Student Affairs and Enrollment Management at 219-981-5660.

~ OR ~

If you were enrolled at another IU campus within the last two years fill out an application for intercampus transfer here

~ OR ~

If you have been out of classes for more than a year, we need to get some updated information from you – please download the re-admission form here, fill out both pages, and mail or fax it to Office of Admissions, IU Northwest, 3400 Broadway, Gary, IN 46408; fax 219-981-4219. Please include a legible copy of your driver's license.


  1. If you need help paying for college, complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) here, The FAFSA must be completed and submitted by March 10th of each academic year to be eligible for Indiana state grants and 21st Century Scholarships. However, if the deadline has passed, it is not too late to complete the FAFSA in order to assess your eligibility for federal grants and loans. The IU Northwest school code is 001815.
  2. Request and submit official transcripts from ALL non-IU colleges and universities attended.  Transcripts can be sent electronically to or mailed to the address below.  IU credit will not be given at a future date for credit previously earned from any school that is not listed at the time of application.

    Office of Admissions
    IU Northwest

    3400 Broadway
    Gary, IN 46408

  3. Once we receive word that you are interested in returning and you have submitted all of your transcripts and FAFSA (if applicable) we’ll communicate with the program you’re interested in and someone will get in touch with you.

If you were dismissed due to a low GPA you will need to petition the academic division for reinstatement. The deadlines to apply for reinstatement are as follows:

Fall semester -- August 1 
Spring semester -- December 1 
First summer session -- April 1
Second summer session -- May 1

If you have past due balance, you may need to pay your balance in full before you can register; contact the Office of Bursar at (219) 980-6622 with any questions about possible account balances.