Whether you're just finishing high school or thinking about college to advance your career, Indiana University Northwest offers you the opportunity to earn a prestigious IU degree that is respected throughout Indiana, the nation, and the world.
- As part of the Indiana University system, IU Northwest provides all the services and opportunities of a large university combined with the advantages and atmosphere of a small college.
- Small class sizes promote personal attention and individualized learning. Our faculty-student ratio of 1 to 16 means you'll get to know your professors.
- We're more affordable with manageable payment plans and financial aid
- We're close to home and easily accessible. If you live or work in Northwest Indiana or just across the border in Illinois, we're easy to get to by major highways.
- Academic and career support services to help you succeed in the classroom and beyond.
- We bring college to you with an off-campus instructional site in Portage.
- Choose from a wide array of programs including certificates and associate, bachelor's, and master's degrees.
- Convenient courses offered days, evenings, and weekends.
- You can attend full time or part time—whatever works best with your life and goals.
- Highly qualified and experienced faculty members teach at IU Northwest. More than 82 percent have doctorates or the highest degree available in their field.
- An alumni network of more than 27,000 are making important professional contributions in fields ranging from business and law to heath care and education.
IU Northwest History
Established in Gary, Indiana, in 1963, IU Northwest is located on a 36-acre campus in the northwest corner of the state. We are a focal point for our students and the region offering nationally recognized degree programs, a diverse student body, a supportive environment, and unique cultural opportunities.
In the fall of 2013, 6,387 students were enrolled at IU Northwest. Our students are:
- 92% undergraduates and 8% graduate students
- 53% full-time students and 47% part-time students
- 67% women and 33% men
- 98% residents of Northwest Indiana
- 19% African-American and 16% Hispanic
Visit our campus map page for driving directions, a campus map, and parking information.
Information about ADA-accessibility